|Before you begin to Trade
- Ensure that you deal with and through only SEBI registered intermediaries. You may check their SEBI Registration Certificate number from the list available on the Stock Exchanges www.nseindia.com/ www.bseindia.com/ www.mcxindia.com/ www.cdslindia.com and SEBI website www.sebi.gov.in
- Ensure that you fill the KYC form completely and strike off the blank fields in the KYC form.
- Ensure that you have read all the mandatory documents viz. Rights and Obligations, Risk Disclosure Document, Policy and Procedure document of the Stock Broker
- Ensure to read, understand and then sign the voluntary clauses, if any, agreed between you and the stock broker. Note that the clauses as agreed between you and the stock broker cannot be changed without your consent.
- Get a clear idea about all brokerage, commissions, fees and other charges levied by the broker on you for trading and the relevant provisions/guidelines specified by SEBI/Stock Exchanges.
- Obtain a copy of all the documents executed by you from the Stock Broker free of charge.
- In case you wish to execute Power of Attorney(POA) in favour of the Stock Broker, authorizing it to operate you bank and demat account, please refere to the guidelines issued by SEBI/Exchanges in this regard.
|Transactions and Settlements
- The Stock Broker may issue electronic contract notes (ECN) if specifically authorized by you in writing. You should provide your email id to the stock broker for the same. Don't opt for ECN if you are not familiar with computers.
- Don't share your internet trading account's password with anyone.
- Don't make any payment in cash to the stock broker
- Make the payments by account payee cheque in favour of the stock broker. Don't issue cheques in the name of sub-broker. Ensure that you have documentary proof of your payment/deposit of securities with the stock broker, stating date, scrip, quantity, towards which bank / demat account such money or securities deposited and from which bank/demat account.
- Note that facility of Trade Verification is available on the website do not tally with the details mentioned in the contract note, immediately get in touch with the Investors Grievance Cell or the relevant Stock Exchange.
- In case you given specific authorization for maintaining running account, payout of funds or delivery of securities(as the stock case may be), may not be made to you within one working day from the receipt of payout from the Exchange, Thus the stock broker shall maintain running account for you subject to the following conditions:
- a) Such authorization from you shall be dated, signed by you and contains the clause that you may revoke the same at any time.
- b) The actual settlement of funds and securities shall be done by the stock broker, at least once in a calendar quarter or month, depending on your prefence, While setting the account, the stock broker shall send to you a 'Statement Of Account' containing an extract from the client ledger for funds and an extract from the register of securities displaying securities and the details of the pledged shares, if any.
- c) On the date of settlement, the stock broker may retain the requisite securities/funds towards outstanding obligations and may also retain the funds expected to be required to meet derivatives margin obligations for next 5 Trading Days calculated in the manner specified by the Exchanges. In respect of Cash Market Transactions, the stock broker may retain entire pay-in obligation of funds and securities due from clients as on date of settlement and for next day's business, he may retain funds/securities/margin to the extent of value of transactions executed on the day of such settlement in the cash market.
- d) You need to bring any dispute arising from the statement of account or settlement so made to the notice of the Stock Broker in writing preferably within 7 (Seven) working days from the date of receipt of funds/securities or statement, as the case may be. I case of dispute, refer the matter in writing to the Grievance Cell of the relevant Stock Exchange without delay.
- In case you have not opted for maintaining running account and pay-out of funds/securities is not received on the next working day of the receipt of payout from the exchanges, please refer the matter to the stock broker, in case there is dispute ensure that you lodge a complaint in writing immediately with the Investors Grievance Cell of the relevant Stock Exchange.
- Please register your mobile number and email id with the stock broker, to receive trade confirmation alerts/details of the transactions through SMS or email, by the end of the trading day, from the Stock Exchanges.
|In Case of Termination of Trading Membership
- In case, a stock broker surrenders his membership, is expelled from membership or declared a defaulter, Stock Exchanges gives a public notice inviting claims relating to only the "Transactions Execute on the Trading System" of Stock Exchange, from the investors. Ensure that you lodge a claim with the relevant Stock Exchanges within the stipulated period and with the supporting documents.
- Familiarize yourself with the protection accorded to the money and / or securities you may deposit with your stock broker, particularly in the event of a default or the Stock Broker's insolvency or bankruptcy and the extent to which you may recover such money and / or securities may be governed by the Bye-laws and Regulations of the relevant Stock Exchange where the trade was executed and the scheme of the Investor's Protection Fund in force from time to time.
|Disputes / Complaints
- Please note that the details of the arbitration Proceedings, Penal Action against the brokers and investors complaints against the stock brokers are displayed on the website of the relevant Stock Exchange.
- In case your issue/problem/grievance is not being sorted out by concerned stock broker/sub-broker then you may take up the matter with the concerned Stock Exchange. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint then you can escalate the matter SEBI
- Note that all the stock broker/sub-brokers have been mandated by SEBI to designate an e-Mail ID of the grievance redressal division / compliance officer exclusively for the purpose of registering complaints.